Ken's Friday Night WCS Dance at the Polish Home
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 21:21
- Hits: 19131
Friday Night West Coast Swing Lessons & Dance
Polish Home - 9 First St, Windsor Locks, Connecticut
With Ken Mercik & Staff
Also, A Variety of Guest instructors and DJ’s including:
Blake Hobby, Bill Cameron, Corey Caron, Brandi Tobias, Robert Royston, Anne Fleming and more !!!!!
**Guest instructors will be announced in weekly e-mail notices or on website (Time Permiting)**
NOTE - There are Friday Nght dances 49-50 weeks per year, depending on what days the Christman/New Years Holiday's fall, and occasionally I will have to cancel a dance due to snow in the winter. Also, no dance the second weekend in November (Swingin' New England Weekend). If you are coming from out of town, you can safely assume there will be a Friday night dance any other week, BUT ... it still may be wise to check the schedule or Call or E-mail.
Typical Friday Night with Local instructors (Most of the time)
- 7:00 - 8:00PM - Beginner Novice – Concentrating on basic technique, basic patterns and their variations.
- 8:00 - 9:00PM - Intermediate/Advanced lesson – More advanced technique and variations.
- 9:00PM – Midnight – Dance - Mostly West Coast Swing, with a mix of other dances
How Much? - $10 includes Beginner & Novice Lessons & Dance / Add $5 for Intermediate Lesson
* Note ... When Guest instructors are in town, the price may change depending on the pro. Updates and pricing changes for the week will be sent in the weekly e-mail announcements
Dance Ambassador Program
Goal – To never have any beginner or dancer new to the area, left alone at a dance. The Dance Ambassadors will be available to assist beginners during and after the lessons. Dance Ambassadors will dance with begin ners immediately after the lessons and introduce them to the “Group”. By matching beginners with more experienced dancers, I hope to accelerate the learning curve and provide a welcome environment for socializing and social dancing.